Thursday, July 29

Sleeep.

So, yesterday after visiting my Doctor *******, I was prescribed Minipress for the 2nd time. It is normally a high blood pressure medicine, but has been seen to help reduce nightmares associated with PTSD. I was on it back in 2007 (I was around 16 years of age), but I was still very tiny due to mal-nutrition that my body couldn't handle it, and I kept passing out (fainting). So, I was only on it for about 1 week. Now, my doctor feels my body can and will handle it better. I took my first dose yesterday. I still had a nightmare last night, so maybe it just takes a few days to you know....."kick in". I am hoping this will aid my sleep >> I am on very heavy sleep medicines, so hopefully that Minipress will give my sleep meds the extra boost to help me sleep through the night without waking up freaked out from a nightmare. I am currently doing EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing), so this could also be why according to my EMDR therapist. Wisely, she told me that our body expresses emotions and anxiety, but it's just subconsciously. Whether this is good for my body or not, it needs to stop, and i hope this is the right action to take................**** crosses finger****. Hopefully, it will work tonight or in the next couple of days. :D I will most certainly keep you updated. Toodles. TherapyTeen.

No comments:

Post a Comment